Sunday, September 28, 2008

scrapping and sewing

round 4!
this week we had to use rubons, tape, write on a photo and use bright colours. very collagey look this week. gauze up the side that i inked pink before i stuck it on. i had little to no plan when i started this, it just sort of happened as i scrapped.

are these not the cutest little baskets. i made two...super easy and quick heres the tutorial i found here http://ayumills.blogspot.com/2008/05/tutorial-fabric-basket.html

i plan to mess with the measurements and make bigger ones for storage in the girls room.

i made this dress for emily. its my first attempt at following a pattern on my own. its just a basic spotlight get creative pattern. it was very easy to follow.
http://www.oliverands.com/blog/2008/08/lazy-days-skirt-free-pattern.html

this is the easiest skirt in the world i think there r only three lines of sewing! and one cut. doesnt take much material either. both my girls got one. i did pretty well out of $10 material. 2 skirts and a dress! cant beat that.

the funny thing with all the sewing ive been doing, when we left brisbane i gave away my fabric stores. it was all very country looking. im not a country decorator and i really thought i would leave sewing behind....so not! the materials that are around at the moment r fantastic. i love the colours...i could just go silly!

4 comments:

Kirsty said...

LOVE the basket and the clothes and the scrapping...could you BE any cleverer....I know where my vote is going again this week LOL!

Good luck!

Amanda Jean said...

I love the basket and the dress! such cuteness!!!! and I have thought about making some larger baskets, too. they would be great in all sizes, I think.

Blu said...

Hi I cant sew for toffee. However would just like to say what a nice blog you have.

Best wishes from Brittany France.

Anonymous said...

Jumped on here because I needed an "inspiration boost" today! Just love the clothes and the little basket is just gorgeous!! Great LO too!

Off to check out the tutorial links!

BTW- do you ever sleep? :)

Ange xx