Monday, August 18, 2008

a blog award

ooer thanks sue smith

The rules for the award are - (1) The winner can put the logo on their blog. (2) Link the person you received your award from. (3) Nominate at least 7 other blogs. (4) Put links of those on yours. (5) Leave a message on the blogs of the girls or boys you’ve nominated

ok 7 blogs...i love and visit sometimes daily


I heart this!!!
I bought it for daniel a few years ago. I use it all the time!
i have been mucking around with my bread recipe. trying to make it less heavy, im getting there
here r some of the changes i have made
500gm plain flour or so (i havent changed that part from the original)
2 tsp yeast
1 1/2 tsp salt
1 cup lukewarm water - think a babies bath
3/4 milk

mix flour, salt and yeast together
add wet ingredients

now heres why i HEART my kitchenaid (hehe ok dans kitchenaid)
leave it on mix for 20 minutes!
spray a bowl with oil, place dough in, turn the dough to cover in oil
cover with plastic wrap leave in warm place for 1 hour

punch down, turn out on board, knead for a few minutes
shape into 2 balls and place in a tin beside each other.
spray with oil, leave for 30 minutes.

heat oven to 200c
cook for 30 minutes.

ok dan helped me with the changes including getting out his baker tafe book lol...i had no idea of the science involved in bread making. its all about the heat

he has also suggested adding some butter to the mix...im yet to try that but.

chefs r great husbands, they have heaps of knowledge
we cleaned our wooden chopping boards tonight (as in dissenfected)...so easy i had no idea it was that easy. it will get done more often
use table salt(cheap salt), shake a few tablespoons over your board. Cut a lemon in half and start scrubbing.
the salt acts as a scruber and the lemon has the acid to kill. pretty cool i thought...nothing grows in salt they tell me...and better yet all natural too.. :)

we r trying the homemade dishwashing liquid right now. thanks mel for putting it on your blog.
i quite like it, the no bubbles thing isnt so bad as we have bore water we lose the bubbles quickly anyway. i love the lemon smell and it seems to clean well and leaves things nice and shiny. thanks mel.

2 comments:

Melissa Goodsell said...

Thankyou for the award Jacqui :))

I LOVE your mix master - it's gorgeous and thankyou for the lemon/salt idea. I've always used salt for cleaning my boards, but the lemon sounds fabulous...I'll try that next time.
Still loving my dishwashing liquid by the way :)
Melx

Miss H said...

Hey Jac, can I come and live with you!!??

All that yummy home made stuff is just great!!

When you were here last I though that country life suited you, now I'm certain of it :D